Thursday, March 20, 2008

NDNC

As with all democracies, policies are floated on a trial and error basis. This directly affects the hapless citizens on whom the policy is tried. One such is the national do not call scheme.
All of us must have faced the pesky telemarketer calls and dealt with customer support executives of various services that today’s world demands be fulfilled through the ubiquitous mobile cell.
But how does one deal with them??? They do not understand the problem, have no solution and know only one sentence “I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.” Angrez chale gaye sorry de gaye.
It is really frustrating to these people and how does one get through this giant industry and talk to somebody who understands and solves the problem. Why do we not have a consumer service industry?? Even when one is subscribed to the national do not call service, one still gets telemarketing calls, and how does one deal with the situation. Does that mean that I have to leave all my day to day activities and pursue another never ending telephone calling, getting transferred from one place to the other and being on hold for an eternity to bring the problem to light? Or do I take 5 min out of my hectic schedule and hear out the telemarketer (hell they are just doing a job) and then politely say no or take out 10 min from my life and yell and abuse them….how does one deal with them??
Is there etiquette to be followed?? I am at my wits end… somebody plz help… Or maybe I should start my own telemarketing business... they say if you can’t beat ‘em…join ‘em!!

No comments: