Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby Pratyasha is an Angel!


Look Ma, I even have wings, not the fake wings that the teachers used to put on us for school concerts…but real ones, which can flap… I even got a wand… only it does no magic like Harry Potters, but every time I move it around, tiny stars fall around it like a trail. I have a lovely white dress that never gets dirty even if I roll around on the ground…but then there is no ground! We are on some kind of fluffy, snowy surface, like clouds.

But Ma, the best part is that there is no homework… I don’t have to bother about class tests and exams. But there was this wrinkled lady who reminded me of our geography teacher who showed me my patch of the cloud, she looked very strict. I guess even here there are some rules and regulations.

The rules are not many, just that I have to keep smiling the whole day…now c’mon that’s not at all difficult… when I realize that I don’t have to sit for any board exams or compete with my own friends and random strangers to get into college, vie with girls to get a guy, struggle to get to work in the increasing traffic, manage to squeeze in a little time for you in my increasingly hectic adult life… I rather be here and smile away to glory.

Although, I will miss going to school and meeting my friends and playing hopscotch with them (yeah I know we never played that… we have moved on to video games and stuff…but it’s nice sentimental stuff).

But the best part is that, I can get to watch you as you go about your work…I can see you as you fold my arms over my chest…I can see the love that you had for me… I can see how tired you are, I can see how you need some rest…I think its best that God decided to get me here… at least you will get some rest.

Get some sleep Ma; go on take a nap while you are waiting for the flight. I will watch over you like you have done countless times, I will not let anyone disturb you. And I will always be smiling … for you, forever.

Smile and wave …smile and wave…smile and wave…hey stars fall out of my hands when I wave… this is so cool… do they fall out of my feet when I walk… but hey, I don’t have to move my legs to walk….i’m actually gliding across…ma, look I can glide… ma, look….

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats really sad.

Ragini Puri said...

very touching.... May God bless you little angel's soul.